The amfori Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) is a comprehensive system designed to support businesses in managing and improving their environmental performance. Born out of the increasing need for sustainable business practices, the BEPI has its roots in the international trade association amfori, known for its dedication to open and sustainable trade.
The primary goal of the amfori BEPI is to create a structured pathway for businesses to monitor, manage, and ultimately improve their environmental performance. Think of it as a health check for your company's environmental impact. It provides tools, resources, and a framework to not only assess your current environmental footprint but also to identify areas for improvement.
The amfori BEPI is not confined to a single sector. It applies to any business, and tiers of the supply chain, regardless of its size or the industry it operates in, that is committed to improving its environmental performance. Whether you are a multinational corporation or a small local business, the BEPI can provide the framework you need to make a positive environmental impact.
- Environmental Management System
- Energy & Climate
- Water & Effluents
- Emissions to air
- Environmental Nuisances.
For the focused scope of Environmental Monitoring, the score will then be focused on the particular Environmental Performance Area.
On the business front, implementing the BEPI can lead to cost savings through efficient resource use, enhanced resilience of your business to industry and market changes, and improved customers, suppliers, and stakeholder relations.
Conducting a BEPI audit is a comprehensive process that involves a structured five-step journey. As an approved auditing company of amfori, we're committed to helping your organization navigate the BEPI audit process effectively.
- Materiality Assessment: The first step in a BEPI audit is the materiality assessment. This involves identifying and prioritizing the environmental issues that are most relevant to your organization and its supply chain.
- Supply Chain Mapping and Analysis: This step involves a detailed mapping and analysis of your supply chain to identify the environmental impacts at each stage.
- Risk Assessment: After conducting the Supply Chain Mapping and Analysis, the next step is to request Risk Assessment of a site.
*The Risk Assessment is a self-assessment to be completed on the amfori Sustainability Platform.
- Improvement Activities: Based on the findings of the supply chain analysis, the next step is to develop an improvement plan. This plan outlines the actions your organization will take to address the identified environmental impacts. As a trusted BEPI partner, we can assist you in creating an effective and practical improvement plan, providing expert advice on best practices and innovative solutions to enhance your environmental performance.
- Monitor and Report Progress: The final step in a BEPI audit is monitoring progress. This involves assessing the effectiveness of the implemented actions and measuring the improvements in environmental performance.
Starting with amfori BEPI (Business Environmental Performance Initiative) is an important step towards integrating sustainability into your business operations and supply chain. As an approved partner and official audit company of amfori, Bureau Veritas is equipped to guide you through the process, ensuring a smooth and effective transition. Here's how to get started:
- Understanding BEPI: The first step is gaining a comprehensive understanding of BEPI, its scope, and how it aligns with your organization's sustainability goals. Our team is ready to provide detailed insights and presentations about BEPI, its benefits, and how it can transform your business's environmental performance.
- Membership Registration: To commence the process, your organization needs to become a member of amfori BEPI. This involves completing the membership application and agreeing to the terms and conditions of BEPI.
- Supply Chain Analysis: Once registered, the next step is to map and analyze your supply chain. This involves identifying key environmental aspects and determining their materiality. Our team will support you in this critical phase, providing expert guidance and tools to simplify the process.
- Implementation and Monitoring: With a clear understanding of your supply chain and its environmental impact, you'll be ready to implement BEPI's environmental performance improvement measures. Our team will be at your side, providing continued support in the execution of improvement plans and monitoring progress.
- Continuous Improvement: Post audit, our team will work with you to address any identified gaps and drive continuous improvement in your environmental performance, aligning your operations with BEPI's sustainable objectives and your own environmental targets.
By joining amfori BEPI and working with us as your partner, your organization can drive meaningful environmental improvements across your supply chain, enhance your business resilience, and meet the evolving expectations of stakeholders in terms of sustainability.
Why Bureau Veritas?
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in testing, inspection and certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
- Trusted Partner of amfori
As a trusted partner of amfori, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards. 100 BEPI assessments are conducted yearly for our clients to reduce risks, improve performance and promote sustainable development.
- Global Resources and Expertise
BV's BEPI auditors are all trained and qualified. Ready to serve across major cities in Asia: China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, Cambodia, Turkey, Indonesia, Thailand.
- Dedicated team to support your audit program
Work with your dedicated Audit Program Manager, who’ll be your advisor and manage every detail of your audit. We ensure your auditing and reporting process is streamlined.
Bureau Veritas is a world-leading concept-to-consumer supply chain solutions partner working with organizations throughout the supply chain, With well in excess of 100 offices and laboratories spread around the world we are proud to be the quality managers for many of the world’s leading brands, retailers and their supply chains.
Inspec is an online booking platform to improve your product quality and reduce returns with systematic inspection and audits, You will experience a fast, easy-to-use booking flow for your product inspection services, and you can book one of our next available product specialists to be at your factory for service as quickly as the next day.
Why Bureau Veritas?
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in laboratory testing, inspection and certification services. Created in 1828, the Group has more than 80,000 employees located in more than 1,600 offices and laboratories around the globe.
As one of the world's leading third-party inspection companies, our inspection team all undergo rigorous technical qualification and integrity training before performing any type of inspection. We offer standard and tailor-made quality control inspection for a wide array of softline and hardline products.
Bureau Veritas helps its clients improve their performance by offering services and innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Global footprint and local expertise
Bureau Veritas carries out over 400,000 inspections and audits every year. We have over 1200 fully qualified inspectors across 85 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South America.
Your product quality inspection is conducted with BV’s inspection protocols which are based on our standard practices and decades of experience from assessing millions of factories and products. All our protocols are optimized to meet today’s requirements.
Ethic & independent quality control
As the world leader in testing, inspection and certification services, we put ethics and integrity at the very top of our priority list. Our Code of Ethics ensures our staff members maintain integrity, professional competence, confidentiality, professional behavior, and high ethical standards in their day-to-day business activities.